Want a job as a dishwasher, but don’t know where to start with the search, the resume, or the dreaded interview? This post will guide you through all of your options from search to interview.
Where to find jobs as a dishwasher?
- DishwasherHero– The only staffing company that specializes in dishwashers. DishwasherHero serves all of Canada.
- Indeed– The leading website for employment seekers. You can find plenty of jobs through Indeed’s very own search engine.
- Kijiji– Browse for dishwasher job listings under Bar, Food, and Hospitality.
- Craigslist-Search for employment under Hotels, Food, and Hospitality.
- Apply in person to the restaurant of your choice
- Twitter Hashtags– Use regional hashtags like #nycjobs or #torontojobs to find work in your area. Try several different hashtags to see which one works. Even #nycrestaurants may work!
- Facebook Groups-Every region has a Facebook group dedicated to finding employment for job seekers.
- Call the restaurant-Give the restaurant a call! Restaurants are oftentimes looking for staff, and giving them a phone call can let you know what positions are available. You may receive a day to interview or an email to send your resume.
- Email the restaurants directly-On every restaurant’s Facebook page or website there is a contact email. Send your resume with the subject that is clear and concise such as, “Applicant for Dishwasher Job”. You want the employer to know exactly what the email is about, and in the email keep it short and sweet.
My name is Robert Jaines, and I would like to apply for your dishwasher position. I have attached my resume to this email. I am also available to work immediately.
Thank you for your consideration,
Dishwasher Resume Tips
Restaurants may occasionally ask dishwasher applicants for a resume/CV. Your resume must showcase your ability to effective complete all aspects of your job—including proper cleaning procedures, kitchen safety measures, and food safety procedures. Also emphasize your ability to work well with others. Teamwork is important to the restaurant industry and is one of the most important assets to have.
Additionally, list any skills you may have outside of dishwashing. Can you lift more than 100lbs? Can you work 12 hours shifts? These are very valuable skills that someone hiring will want to know. Ideally the more skills you have the stronger and more desirable you look as an employee.
Finally, don’t forget to spell check and edit your resume for any grammatical errors.
Take advantage of all of the wonderful tools available on the web. Our personal favorite is a website called Canva. Canva has resume templates in an easy drag and drop interface. You can easily make a professional looking resume in no time!
Before your interview, ask one of your friends to do a trial run with you to prepare. Remember the points you want to make, and know your responsibilities. Arrive to the interview 15-30 minutes before to compose yourself and prepare. Lastly, be confident. Know what is expected of you and let your employer know you can deliver. If you are not selected for your position, apply again to another restaurant.
DishwasherHero is the top destination for finding emergency dishwashers for restaurants. Book your dishwasher today. We also love blogging about dishwashing and providing dishwashers with employment opportunities!