4, Notre-Dame East, Suite 803
H2Y 1B8 Canada
- A Note about Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us. If you are Client using the Site and Services (“Clients”) to request professional services (“Services”):
- When you create an account to log in to our Site or Application (“Account”) as a Client, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, password, your photo, and credit card information.
- When you submit a request for Services on our Site or Application, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including but not limited to, the address where the services will be provided, date of service, your contact information and instructions for the Professional (defined below) who will be performing the Services.
- After the Services have been provided to you, we may ask for you to provide a rating for the Professional who provided the Services (“Rating”) and for any comments or feedback regarding the performance of the Services.
- If you are a provider of Professional Services (“Professional”):
- When you create an Account as a Professional, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, license number or other administrative license number, where applicable, color of attire, type of phone owned, password, and bank account information.
- We may collect additional Personal Data in order to establish your profile on the Site or Application (“Profile”). The Personal Data we may collect as part of your Profile includes your photo, any text, messages or comments you submit, and any other information you choose to submit.
- All users of the Site, Application and/or Services:
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either uninstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you create, send or store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience at the DishwasherHero Platform. Some examples include:
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling services
- Rating and reviewing service professionals
- Providing public profiles of service professionals
- Addressing service complaints
- Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes
- Managing payments for services
- Considering whether to engage service professionals on the DishwasherHero Platform
- Evaluating job applications to work at DishwasherHero
- Improving customer service
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails, on behalf of DishwasherHero or selected third parties, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails
- Troubleshooting technical problems on the DishwasherHero Platform
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting research and analysis
- Running online or mobile sweepstakes, contents, or other promotions
- Marketing and advertising DishwasherHero products and services and those of selected third parties
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online and mobile user experience
- Contacting you with regard to your use of the DishwasherHero Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the DishwasherHero Platform and/or the DishwasherHero Platform policies
- Compliance with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DishwasherHero, our users, or others, including to maintain network and information security, for fraud prevention, and to report suspected criminal acts
By using the DishwasherHero platform, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. By consenting to being contacted by DishwasherHero, you understand and agree that you may receive communications, including marketing communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages, sent by or on behalf of DishwasherHero, its affiliated companies and/or Users/Professionals, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your account or use of the DishwasherHero Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the DishwasherHero Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us, and news concerning DishwasherHero and industry developments. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using the DishwasherHero Platform or the Services. If a contact number you have provided to us is no longer your number, you agree to notify us promptly that you can no longer be reached at that number. You represent that you have received, and are authorized to convey to us, the consent of any authorized users on your account to be contacted by us as described in this Section. You agree that all consents provided in this Section will survive cancellation of your account. You may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing texts or calls from DishwasherHero at any time. You may opt-out of receiving all text (SMS) messages from DishwasherHero (including informational or transactional messages) by replying with the word “STOP” to a text message from us; however you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the DishwasherHero Platform or the Services. You also acknowledge that DishwasherHero or its third party service providers may record customer service calls after notice to you and with your consent, in order to assist you when you contact our customer support services.
You agree to DishwasherHero’s use of a service provider to mask your telephone number when you call or exchange text (SMS) messages with a Service Professor or Service Requestor using a telephone number provided by DishwasherHero. During this process, DishwasherHero and its service provider will receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages. You agree to the masking process described above and to DishwasherHero’s use and disclosure of this call data for its legitimate business purposes.
The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, the United States and other countries, which may employ greater or less restrictive data protection laws. In all cases, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein.
- Information Collected via Technology. Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we may access your Address Book and we may import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. In this case, the e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and your phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third party companies that may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
- Use of Your Personal Data– General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
– facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
– identify you as a user in our system;
– provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
– provide the Services you request;
– improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
– send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
– send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
– send you notifications via email, SMS and the Services to facilitate bookings for Services;
– establish an average rating for each provider;
– make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
– send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such user feedback on the Site and/or Application from time to time. If we post your feedback, we will share it with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name and/or your home city along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Users. We will share your Personal Data with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services, including facilitating the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Professional Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you provide to us when you register or update your Account, as well as the average Rating that we establish for you, become a part of your Profile. We use your Profile to match you to Client requests for Services, facilitate booking Services and generally provide you with the Services. You may view a dashboard which includes your Profile, but the Profile is not available to other users of the Site or the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share certain information in your Profile with a Client after you are booked to provide Services for that Client.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DishwasherHero, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the DishwasherHero Platform or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, where linking may be available, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Third Party Payment Processing. For online payments and/or payouts, we use the payment services of Moneris (https://moneris.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://www.moneris.com/en/Legal/Term-of-Use
- Governing Law. The present agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the province of Québec, Canada, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the province of Québec. Although the website can be accessed from other places in the world which may have different laws from those of Quebec, by using the DishwasherHero website you are agreeing to the exclusive jurisdiction of the province of Quebec, district of Montreal, to the exclusion of any other jurisdiction. Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
a) All locations outside Canada and the United States
The Personal Information collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by DishwasherHero in the United States. DishwasherHero will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org request to exercise your data rights.
b) For Individuals in Canada, the United States the EU, EEA and/or Switzerland
To provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information received from the Member States of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and from Switzerland, DishwasherHero Inc., (“DishwasherHero US”) complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce (“Privacy Shield Principles”) when processing the Personal Information of natural persons located in the EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EEA Individuals”) whose data is transferred into the US pursuant to the Privacy Shield. EEA Individuals include users of the DishwasherHero Platform, such as service requesters and service professionals. EEA Individuals also include employees of DishwasherHero US’ affiliated companies located in the Member States. Please note that service professionals who provide services through the DishwasherHero Platform are independent contractors and are not employees of DishwasherHero US or employees of any of DishwasherHero US’ affiliated companies, including those located in the Member States.
c) Notice DishwasherHero US’s Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
DishwasherHero US receives the Personal Information of applicants for employee positions located in the Member States and Switzerland (“Applicants”) to administer the recruitment process and, of employees, to administer the employment relationship. Examples of the purposes for which DishwasherHero US collects and uses employee and Applicant Personal Information include, without limitation, recruitment; workforce management; to administer compensation, payroll, and benefits; to address various legal obligations related to the employment relationship, including discovery obligations in civil litigation; to administer training; to administer DishwasherHero US’ compliance process; and for emergency contact purposes.
The employee and Applicant Personal Information that DishwasherHero US receives from the EEA and Switzerland consists largely of information provided by Applicants, such as resumes and completed job applications and information created by DishwasherHero US or its affiliates to administer the employment relationship, such as business contact information, and compensation and benefits information.
DishwasherHero US may disclose employee and Applicant Personal Information, subject to written agreement, to authorized service providers who provide services related to the administration of the recruitment process and/or the employment relationship. DishwasherHero US also may disclose employee and Applicant Personal.
Information to corporate affiliates in connection with the recruitment process and for internal employment administration purposes, such as to administer access to physical facilities and information systems and for succession planning.
DishwasherHero US may be required to disclose, and may disclose, EEA and Swiss Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
d) Cross-Border Data Transfers:
The Personal Information collected through the Site will be transferred to the United States. The recipients of Personal Information collected through the Site (listed in Section III above) are located in the United States or in the country where the data was collected and the data that is transferred will be subject to Privacy Shield.
e) Legal Bases For Processing:
Consent and as Required by Law: DishwasherHero processes your Personal Information with your consent and as required by law.
Contract: Users can enter into two different types of contracts through the DishwasherHero Platform: (1) a contract between service requesters and service professionals regarding professional services, and (2) a contract between the user and DishwasherHero whereby DishwasherHero facilitates the arrangement of the professional services contract in exchange for a share of the fee for the contracted professional services. To take steps necessary to respond to users’ requests to enter into both types of contracts, DishwasherHero processes Personal Information from service requesters, including contact information, services requested, and worksite location information, and from service professionals, including contact information, skills and experience, background check information, preferred times, and preferred locations. To facilitate the performance of the service professional agreement and to perform the contract with users, DishwasherHero must process Personal Information, including the service requester’s billing information, the service professional’s receivables information and geographic location information, and both parties’ text messages and phone calls through the DishwasherHero Platform.
DishwasherHero cannot facilitate service professional contracts through the DishwasherHero Platform or enter into contracts with users unless users provide this Personal Information.
Legitimate Interests: DishwasherHero also processes Personal Information as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
Marketing and advertising: Unless you opt out as described below, we use your Personal Information as necessary to provide you information about the services that we think might interest you, in accordance with applicable law.
Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine Personal Information that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Direct Marketing or Legitimate Interests:
EEA Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their Personal Information for purposes of DishwasherHero’s direct marketing or legitimate interests by contacting DishwasherHero at email@example.com.
DishwasherHero sometimes uses EEA Individuals’ Personal Information submitted through the Site for automated decision-making. For example, DishwasherHero may display advertisements and send emails to you containing content automatically chosen based on the services you have ordered through the DishwasherHero Platform in the past. However, DishwasherHero will not use EEA Individuals’ Personal Information submitted through the Site for automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their Personal Information collected by the Site and to request that DishwasherHero update, correct, or delete their Personal Information as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, DishwasherHero’s processing of their Personal Information.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their Personal Information. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from DishwasherHero, or to ask DishwasherHero to send to a third party, a digital copy of the Personal Information that they provided to the Site. EEA Individuals’ right to access their Personal Information includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their Personal Information in DishwasherHero’s possession as long as DishwasherHero’s providing the Personal Information would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
f) Choice: How To Opt Out Of Collection Of Your Personal Information By DishwasherHero US And Transfer To Third Parties
DishwasherHero US will offer EEA Individuals whose Personal Information has been transferred to the United States pursuant to the Privacy Shield the opportunity to opt out from: (a) the disclosure of their Personal Information to any non-agent third parties not already listed in Section III above and (b) the use of their Personal Information for purpose(s) that are not compatible with the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the Individual. DishwasherHero US will provide EEA Individuals with clear, conspicuous, and readily available mechanisms to exercise choice. Should such circumstances arise. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and DishwasherHero will continue to retain the Personal Information that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
g) Access And Correction: How You Can Exercise Your Rights
DishwasherHero US acknowledges EEA Individuals’ right to access and correct their Personal Information. Upon reasonable request, DishwasherHero US will grant EEA Individuals reasonable access to their Personal Information and will permit them to correct, amend or delete Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete. EEA Individuals wishing to exercise these rights may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees should contact their local manager to exercise these rights.
h) Enforcement: What To Do If You Have a Complaint
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, DishwasherHero US commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact DishwasherHero US at email@example.com.
DishwasherHero US has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
DishwasherHero US commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner and comply with the advice given by the EU DPA’s and Swiss FDPIC with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Contact details for the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner can be found at https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection—switzerland.html
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, DishwasherHero US commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of employees’ Personal Information. Current or former employees with inquiries regarding the Privacy Shield or who wish to submit a complaint concerning the handling of their Personal Information should first contact DishwasherHero US at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Current or former employees who are not satisfied with the internal resolution of a complaint may seek redress from the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (the “Commissioner”), as applicable. DishwasherHero US will cooperate in investigations by, and comply with the advice of, the panel and/or Commissioner with regard to an employee’s Personal Information transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
DishwasherHero US is subject to the jurisdiction and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- i) Liability
DishwasherHero US may be liable for the onward transfer of EEA and Swiss Personal Information to agent third parties pursuant to the Privacy Shield unless we can prove that we were not a party to the actions giving rise to the damage.
- j) EU Representative:
DishwasherHero’s representative in the European Union is DishwasherHero UK, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.
- Disclaimer. It is agreed by the user that DishwasherHero has no employment or servant relationship in regards to the Professional on the website. All Professional are independent contractor offering their service to DishwasherHero’s Clients. By using this Website, you do hereby expressly agree to hold DishwasherHero (including its employees, officers and administrators) harmless from any claim, work injuries at your business place, damage, or injury that may arise from use of this Website, save and except of the intentional or gross fault on the part of DishwasherHero.
ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN A PROFESSIONAL AND A CLIENT IS BETWEEN THOSE PARTIES ALONE. DISHWASHERHERO IS SIMPLY PROVIDING A COMMUNICATION PLATFORM AND PAYMENT GATEWAY TO CLIENTS AND PROFESSIONAL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISPUTE OF ANY NATURE THAT MIGHT ARISE BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND USERS.
LAST UPDATE: October 1st, 2018